Thursday 1 September 2011

Primary research 2


Focus group.

From my own primary research , i spoke to a group of people about energy drinks and ask what they prefer to see on a drink and what catches there eye. I also told them about my product and showed them my logo’s and the label for the drink , so i could get some feedback from them.

I spoke to a group of two girls and two boys all aged around 17 and 18. I asked these people as i wanted a view from both sexes and from the age range that my product would be aimed at.
The first thing that i talked about was if they prefer energy drinks to fizzy drinks. The boy replied with “ i tend to buy energy drinks more , not just because i want the energy but as they taste good to.”  But the girls said that they would rather have a fizzy drink. From talking to the group about this it made me realise that maybe i should make my drink appeal more to boys than the girls as they seem to like them more. From this it made me decide that i need to include things in my advert that would appeal to boys and to use characters in the advert that are of a similar age.

The next thing i did was showed my groups my labels and logo’s and asked if they think they were a good idea and what things should i change. The first thing i showed them was my two label idea’s , and ask what one was better and if the colours suited the type of drink and the flavour. Most of the group preferred label two. They said that it looked more real. They also said that they liked the slogan as it would stick in your mind. Another thing that was said was that the colours were goods as they link with the flavour of the drink but one of the boys said that “maybe the background colour could be changed to make it stand out more” Which i did agreed with. They thought that the named for my drink was good as well as it short and easy to remember.

I also told the group about my plan for the advert to get there view on it. They all said that it was a good idea as most people can relate to it. When i asked the group what they thought what sort of music i should have it. They replied with up beat , up to date and something that our age group would enjoy.
From asking the group my questions i now know what i can improve on and what parts i should use.



Questionnaire-

1.       1. What would appeal to you more on a drinks bottle.
-          Name - 2
-          Logo-3
-          Colours-5
2.      2. What makes you want to watch an advert?
            -Music -4
            -Bright and different-3
            - to see what the product is-3

3.       3.Why would you chose a drink in a shop
-          Because of the advert - 5
-          Because the bottle looks good-4
-          Because it stands out from the rest-1

4.       4.What colours would appeal to you more
           -blues – 3
           -green- 5
           -red- 2

5.      5. Girl only -Do you drink more energy drink  or fizzy drinks.
-          Energy drinks - 2
-          Fizzy drinks- 3

6.      6. Boys only – Do you drink more energy drink or fizzy drinks.
-          Energy drinks -4
-          Fizzy drinks -1
-           
7.      7.  What name do you prefer
-          Buzz -1
-          Energybolt- 4
-          Zest-5
8.      8. In adverts do you listen to the dialogue ?
-          No- 4
-          Yes-4
-          Sometimes-2

No comments:

Post a Comment